JEFF WOOD RESUME
Advertising, App design, Art direction, Branding, Clothing design, Decks, Die cut design, Environmental design, Employee management, Invitations, Logo design, Mandarin Chinese, Mentorship, Mock ups, Packaging, SEO, Signage, Social Media, Website design,
Adobe Illustrator, Adobe InDesign, Adobe Photoshop, Facebook, Instagram, MailChimp, Microsoft Powerpoint, Paciolan, Squarespace, Twitter
NEW VELOCITY / JANUARY 2017 - PRESENT / ART DIRECTOR
Developed, proposed, and executed all design and art aspects of New Velocity Sales and Leadership Development Training Company, including presentations, proposals, web campaigns, environmental graphics, marketing materials, books, and website.
• Work with VP of Marketing to write and create client acquisition and client on-boarding materials
• Work directly with business owner to create onsite course curriculum and supporting materials
• Worked on UnitedHealthcare account from proposals to contract, the largest deal in company history
wasserman experience / MARCH 2016 - NOVEMBER, 2016 / Senior designer
Worked on NBA, Microsoft, NFL, Samsung, Pepsi, X-Box, Nationwide, Zappo's, Pandora, Delta Airlines, U.S. Olympic Committee, Kentucky Derby, the US Open Tennis Championships, the Golden State Warriors, and the Seattle Seahawks. My responsibilities included app design, art direction, print design, web graphics, email campaigns, pitch decks, powerpoint presentations, environmental design, uniform design, ideation, ideation mockups, and photo editing.
• Lead designer for 6-month Mountain Dew NBA3X tour covered in Forbes magazine, USAToday, Slam Magazine, Spin Magazine, and The Boston Herald
• Designed key items for official sponsor of the 2016 Kentucky Derby, including high end, die cut welcome packet for top executives and large graphics for augmented reality attraction
• Lead designer for Michelob ULTRA Summer Series in Miami, NYC, and Malibu. Events were hugely successful and covered in Bloomberg Business Report, Trend Monitor, and PR News Wire
• Lead designer for The Samsung Experience activation at the 2016 Ryder Cup and 2016 PGA Championship. Samsung is the 13th largest brand in the world and our activation received 201,000 visitors and 33 million media impression
• Lead designer for Microsoft NFL Insider events, an exclusive 8-stadium technology tour Microsoft put on for NFL and business leadership.
• Designed and executed email campaign for Pernod Ricard's exclusive NYC U.S. Tennis Open retreat
• Created and executed email invites for Pepsi Social Palette San Francisco, an exclusive event for A-list trend-setters and investors in Silicon Valley
Reference: Glenn Parajito, Wasserman Experience Creative Director / email@example.com
NC State Athletics / May 2013 - March 2016 / Design Director
Led a team of 4 designers in covering all design needs of 23 varsity teams, the athletics marketing department, the athletics communications department, the ticket sales office, upper administration, and corporate sponsors. My responsibilities included print graphics, web graphics, advertising, art direction, logo creation, posters, media guides, brochures, billboards, t-shirts, html email marketing, directing photo shoots, photo editing, and social media.
• Recommended and implemented new email marketing system that enabled full-bleed, fully linked emails and helped build newsletter reach to over 130,000 subscribers
• During tenure set sales records in men's football, men's basketball, women's basketball, and baseball, a revenue of $76, 834, 603
• Helped grow NC State Athletics' Facebook to 123,000 likes, Twitter to 61,000 followers, and Instagram to 15,000 followers
• Designed Carter-Finley Stadium 50th Anniversary logo which Adidas adapted into a shirt
Reference: McLean Roberts, NC State Athletics Designer / firstname.lastname@example.org
BYU Athletics Creative Services / June 2007 - April 2013 / Designer
Worked with a team of designers to execute design, marketing, branding, and recruiting needs of 22 varsity teams, the athletics marketing department, the athletics communications department, the ticket sales office, upper administration, and corporate sponsors. My responsibilities included print graphics, web graphics, advertising, art direction, logo creation, posters, media guides, brochures, billboards, t-shirts, social media, photo editing, and photo shoots.
• Assisted Creative Director in heavy branding efforts that helped grow Athletic Department revenue from $45 million to $61 million from 2010-2013
• Designed all marketing and advertising for BYU Basketball for 2010-11 and 2011-12, two historic, sell-out seasons covered heavily on ESPN, Fox Sports, USA Today, The New York Times, and every major news media outlet in country
• Helped grow BYU Athletics' Facebook to 140,000 likes and Twitter to 50,000 followers
Reference: Dave Broberg, BYU Athletics Creative Services Creative Director / email@example.com
BRIGHAM YOUNG UNIVERSITY / 2001 - 2009
Graduated with bachelor of arts in communications - advertising emphasis, bachelor of arts in Mandarin Chinese, and a business management minor.
Scored Superior in the American Foreign Language Institute's Mandarin Chinese Fluency Test
Olympus high school / class of 2001
Graduated with 3.9 GPA. National Honor Society member. Varsity athlete.
MISSIONARY IN TAIWAN / 2002 - 2004
Served as a volunteer missionary in Taiwan where I lived, spoke the language, and worked 7 days a week serving the people. My areas included Kaohsiung, Tainan, Dong Gang, Da Liao, and Yong Kang.
YOUTH BASKETBALL COACH / 2015 - PRESENT
Coach young men ages 12-18 year round in environment that emphasizes fundamentals on the court and strong character off the court.